To update your business name and other info on Google products, you must first verify your business.
- Before you start your verification, make or claim a Google My Business profile.
- Most local businesses verify by mail.
- It may take a few weeks for your business info to show across Google.
- After your info is live, you can check it in your Business Profile.
- To find your profile, search for your business name and city in Google Search or Maps. Search results can vary for many reasons.
Follow this link for instructions https://support.google.com/business/answer/7107242?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid
Verify a business by mail
- To avoid unnecessary delays:
- Make sure your address complies with our address entry guidelines.
- While you wait for your verification postcard:
- Do not edit your business name, address, or category.
- Do not request a new code.
Enter Your Verification Code
- Verification codes expire after 30 days. If you update your business address, only the code you requested for your current address is valid.
- Each verification code you receive is unique to your business account and the particular location for which you requested verification.
- Keep your code secure
- Important: Google won't call you to ask for a verification code.
- Do not share your verification code with anyone. This includes third parties that help manage your business on Google, like an SEO or marketing firm. Your code is unique to your business account and you should be the only one who uses it. If you share management of your business’s profile with a trusted third party:
- Verify your profile and personally enter your verification code.
- After you complete verification, you can add and remove owners and managers for your business. Then, you can transfer ownership of the profile to a third party.
- Verify your code
- After you get your postcard, on your computer, sign in to Google My Business.
- Choose the business you want to verify.
- From the menu, click Verify location.
- Alternatively, click Verify now.
- In the “Code” field, enter the 5-digit verification code from your postcard.
- Submit the code.